23 October 2025

Second divorce, new life

26NOV2025

OK, so those of you who read in years past, know that I pull no punches, practice zero self censorship, and generally don't give a fuck; For those new, welcome... ROFLMAO.


Alright, originally this was going to be a long catch up post concerning what's happened in my life in the last decade or so, but I had a call today that kinda upended my shit, and not for the reason that most would think, but that will be coming in a bit, first a extremely fuckin' condensed version of the last decade of my life:


Got an amazing job that is far outside what I ever thought I would achieve in my life, it's working with computers, of course.  I'm not a (senior?) Network Engineer with Evonik Inc. (NOTE absolutely nothing I have to say reflects anything on the company, they are blameless and harmless with regard to the mad ravings of my mind.)  I've been working there for technically 10 years in a month and a half, but only 8 years as an actual employee... the first two were ass in seat or no $ contracting.  My daughters have grown up, my baby girl is 19 in a couple weeks.  I am once again single, I chose to divorce my second wife SEP 2023; separated at that time, Divorce finalized OCT 2024.  There were a lot of reasons, most of them mine. I decided after almost a decade of "living" 2 hours away from work, or working 2 hours away from the family was enough.  There was always some new reason to not consider moving, and to be honest, I got fed up, tired of not being listened to, my opinion being ignored, and my wants, needs, and desires being a distant 4th or 5th to the woman that supposedly loved me.  I guess we just grew too far apart, and she grew too comfortable with the arrangement of me paying for everything and getting very little in return.  So that chapter slammed shut.  As of February 2025 I migrated south to Missouri... far southern Missouri, 15 minutes from the Arkansas line.  It's warmer, cheaper, and I can do what the hell ever I want, when the hell ever I want to.  I purchased a 1400'ish sq Ft. house that I'm in the process of making exactly what I want; as well as 10 acres of LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE. 😀

I now work 100% remote, as the company mentioned over a year and a half ago it didn't matter where we were, as long as we got our work taken care of.  Well I took that shit and ran with it.  Back in June when they were wanting everyone to return to the office at least 2 days a week, I politely reminded them that we had been told we could live anywhere, and the closest office to me is about 160 miles,  If you know me, I'm not shy about driving, and distance wise, I could probably make that in about 2 and a quarter to 2 and a half hours; HOWFUCKINGEVER, anyone that's ever driven around this part of the country could probably tell you that that distance is more like 3.5 hours one way.  I can confirm this, it is 3.6 hours one goddamn way from my house to the office in AR.  That shit was not about to happen 2 days a week, and I wasn't about to sell the house and land I just bought to move to AR.  Nope, wasn't going to happen.  I was already looking for other positions when my direct supervisor, and my "legal regional supervisor" went to bat for me and informed HR that there was zero reason for me to go to an office, that I can do my job from anywhere, and can do it from my home office far better than any of our offices in the US.  So, I now work remote, occasional travel to sites for projects, training, etc...

So that pretty much brings you all up to this year.  Since moving to MO I've made some excellent friends, some of the best neighbors anyone could ever ask for, yes Kyle and Lacy I'm talking about you! Acquaintances that I'd like to become much better friends with, and even a couple that I would sacrifice quite a bit in order to be even more than friends, but all of that is out of my hands, as it usually is.  There are other things that need to be filled in during that period post separation / pre move, but I'm just not in the mood to go into that right now.  

Sorry if this seems a bit disjointed, I'm in the process of doing dishes, making a loaf of homemade potato bread, listening to Five Finger Death Punch on the TV sound bar maxed out. Sidebar, let me tell ya, Vizio sound bars do a helluva good job at 100.  Not even any real distortion.  Anyway, yeah I'm struggling to keep myself busy for a bit longer... I'm not really in the mood to get all melancholy before 9 pm.  Will be stopping in a bit to shower and head out the the Take 5, a little dive bar on the line between MO and AR.  Great place, lots of good, salt of the earth, type people, and I've make quite a few friends there, and met at least 1 woman, named Rachel, that if I could get her to finally ditch the utter piece of shit she is currently with, I'd happily change her whole life. Christ I'm nothing more than a sappy romantic in my older years!

So as to what is kinda fuckin' with my shit.  Being 51, well in a couple days, closeafuckingnuff; There are now more fun health things that need to be taken care of.  A couple of those tasks were X-Rays of my back and hips (Thanks Mom and Dad for the hellacious genes!) so that I can start to make a game plan for what to do about the degenerative disk disease that I was informed I have about 2 years ago.  A whole bunch of blood work that I'd been putting off since before I moved down here, and a lung CT... can't be a smoker for over 30 years and not have that one come up.


I'm going to head to the shower now.  I won't leave ya all on that kind of a cliff hanger, I'm an asshole, not a complete dick! (LOL)  Blood work all came back fine, one liver enzyme slightly elevated, but not a concern, hell that's probably due to my olympic level drinking I've been doing... I forgot just how much I like to drink! OK, so......   it's not lung cancer, hell the CT only spotted a couple of small nodules that they want to keep an eye on, but nothing major. Not bad for 30 years of smoking... I'll go into what's up later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment